The Scorpion EXO-400 Skull Bucket Helmet incorporates a silent, aerodynamically tuned design which has been extensively tested in a wind-tunnel. It is designed for comfort and has an EPS padded chin bar to provide additional protection. Other features include the‘SpeedShift’, quick swap face-shield system, allowing easy, safe and secure, face-shield swaps in as little as ten seconds, an ‘EverClear’ non-fog view-shield with its anti-scratch super-hard coating as well as a ‘KwikWick’ moisture-absorbing, helmet liner plus cheek pads which breathe, and are easily removable, as well as washable.
Scorpion EXO-400 Skull Bucket Chameleon Medium Full Face Helmet
Sale Price: $159.95
Availability: In Stock
Eligible for free shipping!
The helmet has an adjustable ventilation system which comes with indexed rear and front vents and an aero-tuned back spoiler which reduces lift, and creates a partial vacuum to maximize airflow throughout the helmet. It is Snell and DOT certified. The custom liner and the cheek pads are both available in a variety ofcolors and some really wild patterns.
Price and Main Feature list
It is priced at $159.95 in amazon.com, a deal you cannot pass up easily.
- Silent, aero-tuned layout, wind-tunnel design for a quiet and smooth ride
- Maximum comfort with an EPS-padded chin-bar giving additional protection
- ‘SpeedShift’super quick-change face-shield system (patents pending) gives easy, safe and secure, no-tool shield swaps in only ten seconds
- The ‘EverClear’ non-fog view-shield gives an Optically-correct view with hi-tech, fog-free technology along with an anti-scratch, hard coating
- ‘KwikWick’ moisture absorbing cheek pads and helmet liner; both breathable ,are removable with ease and washable
- The ventilation flow is adjustable, has indexed vents rear and front and an aero-tuned back spoiler which maximizes the airflow throughout the helmet
Who is it for?
Even though the helmet is at the lower end of the price market, it is suitable for most users on the road. It insulates well at high speed and would suit those with larger bikes, eliminating most of the wind and tyre noise.
Pros and Cons
The skulls in the graphics change colours with any light variations and changes in the viewing angle, which is flashily cool, hence the name ‘skull bucket chameleon’. I like a helmet to fit well, and found this Scorpion EXO-400 Skull Bucket Helmet spot on, but the sizing scheme of the helmet is a bit on the tight size, you may need to order a size above your usual for this brand. The ventilation’s good alright and it is simple to adjust the air flow in and out. Air flow is, as advertised, pretty good, it took the wettest of weather to produce the faintest of fogs inside, which was acceptable.
The chin strap is comfortable, and doesn’t drag at high speed. Wind noise is low, sound insulation is great, a pleasure indeed on the highway.
Why you should buy it
It is well made, comfortable, well ventilated, equally well padded and is very comfortable when riding. The paint finish is good, with interesting graphics, and you can swap face-shields in next to no time. The padding inside not only enhances the comfort level, but gives you a quiet feeling of relaxed security.
With a reasonable price and cool, chameleon decals, the Scorpion EXO-400 Skull Bucket Helmet comes highly recommended. Amazing helmet for the awesome price, couldn’t ask for anything more!!